Comedian Rip Michals confirmed August’s claims, and removed Tory from the tour.
Tory Lanez has been removed from the “Fall Back In Love Comedy & Music Jam” following his alleged altercation. The “I Luv This S*t” singer posted on social media that had punched him in his face. This left him with a bruised and bloodied lip. While Tory denied making the claims, video showed August greeting the Chixtape stars before the fight.
Rip Michaels, the tour’s creator, confirmed August’s claim that he had been attacked by Toryafter Chicago’s show. He decided to remove the 30-year-old rapper from the tour. Michaels said that August missed his performance on Monday after the attack because he was taken to urgent care. Michaels stated to reporters that there was no fight. “[August] was sucker punched” by Tory Lanez.
He also said that Tory had denied making the claims but that he was very sorry for the incident. August apparently made up the difference by offering free tickets to fans in exchange for making up for the missing show. The dispute comes as Tory is preparing to face felony assault charges against Megan Thee Stallion for allegedly shooting her in 2020.
The trial date for the rapper/singer was rescheduled earlier this week because his lawyer is currently occupied with another case. August and Tory have not yet been charged. He did however post encouraging words from his mother to help him heal from the bruises and bumps that he sustained in the altercation. The loving message he captioned was “Everybody, stay safe, believe in yourself, Jesus, and heal.”